- Being man/boy-aligned, man/boy-related, or masculine-aligned.
- Being non-binary and identifying partly as a boy (eg. demiboy or libramasc).
- Being bigender or otherwise multigender with at least one gender being male or related to male.
- Being genderfluid, primarily between male and non-binary.
- Being gendervast and having a gender that can be described as both non-binary and male.
- Having a gender that is similar to, but not the same as, binary boy (eg. proxvir).
- Being in someway connected to manhood/boyhood without being a man/boy, such as having experiences similar to that of a man/boy.
- Being non-binary but feeling comfortable with he/him pronouns and/or a masculine presentation, and calling oneself a man/boy to express that association.
The feminine counterpart is non-binary woman.
Flag and Symbols
The non-binary boy flag was designed by DeviantArt user Pride-Flags on January 17, 2017. Blue represents "boy" and yellow represents non-binary. Green represents a mix of boy and non-binary.
An alternate flag was designed by Brokenwings11ofnone on February 5, 2017. The color meanings are unknown, but are likely similar to the previous flag, though they are laid out similarly to the non-binary flag.
The second alternate non-binary man flag was designed by DeviantArt user Pride-Flags on July 4, 2015.
The non-binary man symbol was created by Tumblr user nbandproud on August 9, 2018. It is the male (Mars) symbol with an asterisk in the circle, coming from the non-binary symbol.
On April 11, 2021, a new flag was created in Brazil by gayssauro on twitter. They got other brazilian's non-binary man opinions and created its colors meaning and a new simbol.